22 February 2013

Japanese Cooking 101


Japanese Tower, BrusselsNot a recipe post today, but a little heads up to all of you who are interested in getting to know the Japanese cuisine and how you can make those delicious traditional dishes at home (instead of having to pay a fortune for them at Japanese restaurants).

Maki from Just Hungry is going to host a 5 part course on the Fundamentals of Washoku, the traditional Japanese cuisine, starting this March 4, 2013.

The course will be online, free (!) and no pre-registration is required.  To read all about the upcoming course and in order to find out if this is something you should embark on, check out Maki's announcing post over here.

I am all up and ready.  Although I already had almost all the required ingredients for this course in my pantry, I ordered the few missing items from Japan Center on Wednesday and I just got an e-mail saying that the delivery was scheduled for next Monday. Yay.

Oh, and while I was shopping for sake and miso, I also came across the book Everyday Harumi from Harumi Kurihara, and I couldn't resist adding it to my cart.  So don't be surprised if you see a few Japanese dishes appear on here in the near future :o)

Have a nice weekend !



1 comments:

  1. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. sushi restaurant nashville

    ReplyDelete