30 July 2013

Lula com coco - Coconut Squid


Do you remember when I talked about Julie Schwob's "Breakfast du Monde" book yesterday?  What I failed to mention then, was that she also published another book which found its way into my library : "Apéros du Monde" (Aperitifs of the World), a collection of drinks and tapas/appetizers from every continent.

I already made several recipes from this book but never took the time to take a picture, let alone write a post about it.  Because these coconut squid slices were such a hit last time I made them, I gave them another try this weekend and it confirmed what I already knew : I love those Brasilian lula com coco.

 Ingredients  (4 servings) :

* 500g fresh cleaned squid, sliced
* 1 Tbsp grated coconut
* 1 tsp ground chili flakes
* 1 pinch of salt
* a couple of fresh (or dried) coconut slivers
* 1 Tbsp peanut oil


Preparation :

In a skillet, heat up the oil and fry the squid rings on high heat until they have released all their water and have taken on a golden hue.  This should take about 10 minutes.

Season with salt, the ground chili flakes and grated coconut. Add the coconut slivers, stir everything together and serve hot.


0 comments:

Post a Comment